Photo du Jour!!

02 October 2011

I DON'T WORK ON FRIDAYYY!

This is the best news from this week. Well, maybe not the best. Some pretty great things have happened (some super super great things, actually) this week. But that was pretty exciting.

So I've been pretty much working full time on getting my life in order. Which, I think, is a pretty worthwhile occupation. But my gosh it is EXHAUSTING! On Thursday, I met with my pedagogical adviser. He seemed to be super impressed by how much I already had together in my life...which was a little shocking, to me. But I guess a vote of confidence is always good. But I did find out great things. One, that I actually get a fairly extensive orientation, which will be very helpful. They are very very patient too, so I can ask all my questions. ALLLLL of my questions, of which there will be many. I also found out the schools where I will be teaching.  I'll be in three elementary schools, all of which are within walking distance of my house, which is great. Not only that, but I'm only working Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 8:30-4. I'm going to peace out so many Thursday afternoons it's not even funny. WOOOO. I also went about opening a bank account, getting renter's insurance, buying train tickets, meeting a ton of people, and oh my goodness so many things.


Today, I BOUGHT A BIKE!! I was so very excited. My adviser told us about a bike sale that only happens once a year, and it conveniently happened the first weekend we were here! It was operated by this biking club here in Auch...people donated their used bikes and then the group sold them for a fundraiser. The family that donated our bike was there, and according to them this bike once won the Tour de France haha. I'm super excited about it, and she's a beaut! This is me, in front of my house, with my bike. We're definitely going to have to name her. It might be a him, actually....I'll have to do a little more testing her out and I'll let you know.


Tomorrow, I'm going on a picnic to a lake that's apparently nearby, with a ton of people from town. Cedric, who I met with the other night, seems to be quite the expert at organizing super fun, multi-national get togethers. Tonight, we went out to a bar, and I was there with a few other Americans, one of whom has lived in Korea the past five years, a few Spanish people, a few French people, a Bolivian and a Mexican. How cool is that??

No comments:

Post a Comment