Photo du Jour!!

25 September 2009

Random, late-night stories

Ok, I have to blog about tonight, before I forget all about it. It's Friday, which is not the day that French people go out on the town, apparently, because normal busses stop running fairly early, trams are infrequent, and it's more difficult to get home in general (when compared to Saturday nights, that is). However, our 'meal plan' with our families is that we only get 5 meals a week and therefore, we usually go out for dinners on both Friday and Saturday nights. Also, tomorrow we're going to Mont Saint Michel (!!!!!) and we're leaving at 7:45 am and thus could not stay out late.

So Hannah and I decide to go out at about 7:30 to find a place to have a leisurely dinner and be home by roughly 10:30. Easy enough. Except we found pretty much ALL the creepers. On the tram, on the way in, there was a man who was sitting fairly near where we were standing, and mumbling to himself. All of a sudden we hear 'SHUT UP!' coming from behind us. He stood up, and started yelling at us to SHUT UP and stop speaking English. I told him to calm down (in French) but he came closer, then sortof back-handed me on the shoulder and said SHUT UP again. CREEPY! Thankfully, the tram had just stopped at a stop so we jumped off and didn't have to deal with him any further. It was just so shocking! (and I'm pretty positive he was drunk)

THEN, much later, on the C bus coming home, we ran into some other people waiting for the bus (there's only 1 an hour). So 4 of us got on the bus, sat in one of those 4-person seat square things. Then, these two guys came and stood right next to us, obviously too close to the guy we were with (Timmy) for comfort. So then, the two girls got up, and it was Timmy and I sitting across from each other. Then the two French guys sat in their spots. Timmy sent the 'oh sorry, i should have sat there so that wouldn't happen' look, expecting them to start talking to me because I was English, blah blah. Then, all of a sudden, they turn to Timmy and say 'You're very very beautiful.' ahahahaha it was so great. I called Julie, to do a Creeper Call so they wouldn't follow me when I got off. But I got home completely fine and it was such a good story.

ALSO I keep forgetting to post this, but I got asked for directions in my neighborhood! And I knew what she was asking for, and I gave her the correct directions. It was SO EXCITING! I felt like a Nantaise.

Tomorrow is Mont Saint Michel! I'll post pictures for sure!

1 comment: